A live, instructor-led course, created to help people who are seeking more education on the function of residential mortgage loan processing. This course will be helpful for junior loan processors, loan originator assistants, brand new loan originators, or anyone new or newer to the mortgage lending industry.
Processor’s role within the mortgage industry, duties: reviewing the loan application, pre-underwriting, credit, title, escrow, appraisals, analyzing documentation.
Secondary market, loan programs: Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA. Fair Housing, Mortgage Fraud, and Federal laws: SAFE, TILA, RESPA, ECOA, FCRA, Dodd Frank/TRID.
Working up the file, troubleshooting, submitting to underwriting, most common conditions, processing case studies and final exam.
We will cover the following and more:
- Identify the methods used by the loan processor to verify an applicant’s employment and assets.
- Identify the essential components of an appraisal report.
- Describe important aspects to consider when reviewing the Property Description section of the appraisal.
- Explain how a property’s market value is determined and described on the appraisal.
- Explain the concept of “change of circumstance” and related requirements concerning re-disclosure.
- Explain key factors in reviewing a loan file prior to submission to underwriting.
- Identify examples of compensating factors.
- Identify typical prior-to-closing and at-closing conditions.
- Describe basic loan file documents that are submitted to the underwriter.
- Describe methods processors use to detect and prevent fraud.
“CE Forward, Inc. is an NMLS Approved Course Provider #1400068 doing business under the name National Association of Mortgage Fiduciaries. This course does not provide any pre-licensing or continuing ed hours for licensed loan originators.
Some End of Course Evaluations from this class:
“Class was awesome! Guest speakers provide great insight. Two thumbs up!”
“I got a lot out of this course and am excited to return to work with my new knowledge.”
“Excellent experience. Jillayne, you are fun, exciting, incredibly knowledgeable, and your passion is infectious. Thank you so much. This is the best class I’ve ever taken and I look forward to taking more with you in the future.”
“Very helpful in giving me a more in-depth understanding of a processor’s duties. I feel more confident now.”
“I had the most amazing experience with this class. I realized that I know more than I give myself credit for and I’m thankful to have smart, caring, women mentors who have paved the way to help people in my position to grow and gain confidence.”
“I have gained great knowledge from this class.”
“Three days well spent. Jillayne is engaging and truly passionate about our industry. We covered many topics and I learned so much. On a scale of 1-10, this class is a 10.”
“I wasn’t aware of WHY we are required to follow all the compliance rules. Now I know: it’s about protecting the consumer. I feel more educated about processing and how I’m working with all the other people in the industry to help people achieve their dreams.”
“Surprised at how important ethics is in this industry. This is something I didn’t expect to learn and am so glad I did.”
“Very positive. A HUGE confidence booster to be in the room with other newer processors who have the same questions and concerns that I do.”
All Scheduled Classes